You can add family members from several different places on your archive: your Homepage, your Family Tree, or your Family Account Settings. New members will be added to your Family Tree, and you will have the option to enter their relationships to other family members as well as store their contact information. (Adding new members also gives you the option to invite them to contribute to your archive. You can read more about that here.)
To add a family member:
- On the Homepage, click the “+ add member” button under the family crest image and Family Biography. On Family Tree, click the “+” button in the upper-right hand corner of the page. On Family Account Settings, click the “+ add member” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Regardless of what page you started on, a box will pop up that says, "Add a new family member." Fill in your new family member’s information, including first name, last name, email, birth date, and gender. You must at least enter the person’s name and gender. (If you want this member to be able to contribute to your archive, you must include a valid email address.)
- Click “find member.”
- You will be given the option to make this family member a contributing member to your archive. Check the box if you want this person to have access to your archive. (Contributing members have the ability to add and edit his/her own stories and files.) Leave the box unchecked if you merely want to include his/her information on your Family Tree. You can also make this person a contributing member at a later time.
- Choose how this person is related to other family members who have already been added to your account. This will further develop your Family Tree page. You can add more than one relationship. (You can also complete this step at a later time.)
- When you are finished, click “add member.” This family member will now appear on your Family Tree and in your Family Account Settings.
It is important to be noted that you will see be able to see the Great Grand Parents level, on the Family Tree based on the selected person, and it displays 1 level up, and 2 levels down the selected person or 4 levels in total depending on the case. So if a family member the user wants to see is for example the great grandmother, the user needs to click on the grandmother, and so on.
If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org