There are two ways to manager your family members' relationships to each other: 1) you may define how a family member is related to you; 2) family historians may define how a family member is related to anyone in the family.
To define how a family member is related to you:
- Go to your Family Tree page by clicking your family’s name in the main navigation bar and then selecting “Family Tree.”
- Click the list icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- This will take you to an alphabetical list of all of the family members who have been added to your account.
- Click the “edit this relationship” button on any given family member.
- Select the appropriate relationship from the drop-down list.
- Click “Save.”
To define how a family member is related to another family member:
Please note that this function is only available to family historians.
- Go to your Family Account Settings. This option can be found by clicking the drop-down arrow beside your name in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Find the person whose relationships you wish to define by scrolling through the alphabetical list of family members. Click the pencil-shaped edit tool to the right of that person’s name and select “edit relationships.”
- Choose the relationship and the person from the respective drop-down menus. To delete a relationship, click the red “x” to the right of each line.
If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com