The Basic Story gives you the option to add text and photos and to tag family members and subjects. This layout is the best option for adding stories quickly and easily.
- Click on “Storyline” and then select “+ Basic Story.” This will take you to the Basic Story layout.
- Fill in your story title.
- Type or copy and paste the body of your text into the text area just below the story title.
- If you are a family historian, you have the option to write a story on behalf of another family member. Select his or her name from the drop-down list under “This story is on the behalf of . . . ” This person will then appear as the author of the story on Storyline.
- Fill in the date that your story happened. Today’s date will be the default date of publication. You may change this if you would like.
- Check whether your photos represent a family milestone or value or both. Leave the boxes unchecked if it is neither.
- Tag a family member by typing his or her name in the “Family Members” box, and hitting enter. (Note that family members must already be added to your archive in order to be tagged in a story.)
- Type any subject tags such as “wedding,” “childhood,” “graduation,” etc. into the “Tags” box.
- Click "save" when you're finished. You may edit or revise content at a later time.
- When the story is complete and ready to be viewed on Storyline, change the visibility status from “private” to “published,” and click save. Private stories are visible only to the writer and to family historians. Published stories appear on your Storyline and are visible to all family members who have been added to the account.
If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com