An Advanced Story offers all of the same features as a Basic Story plus the abilities to add full-width photos and videos and change background colors. This option is best for longer stories or stories with lots of media.
- Click on “Storyline” and then select “+ Advanced Story.”
- If you are a family historian, you have the option to write a story on behalf of another family member. Select his or her name from the drop-down list under “This story is on the behalf of . . . ” This person will then appear as the author of the story on Storyline.
- Fill in the date that your story happened. Today’s date will be the default date of publication. You can change this if you would like.
- Check whether your photos represent a family milestone or value or both. Leave the boxes unchecked if it is neither.
- Tag a family member by typing his or her name in the “Family Members” box, and hitting enter. (Note that family members must already be added to archive in order to be tagged in a story.)
- Type any subject tags such as “wedding,” “childhood,” “graduation,” etc. into the “Tags” box.
- Fill in your story title and subtitle.
- Type or copy and paste the body of your text into the text area.
- Add colors to sections of text by clicking the color palette in the upper left-hand corner of each section. Choose a color by moving the scales.
- To use the same color in later sections, copy and paste the color code (i.e. #0e1b63) into the color palette box in another section.
- Save your story. You may edit or revise content at a later time.
- When the story is complete and ready to be viewed on Storyline, change the visibility status from “private” to “published,” and click "save." Private stories are visible only to the writer and to family historians. Published stories appear on your Storyline and are visible to all family members who have been added to your archive.
If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com