To place a file in your Private Vault, you must first upload it to your Library. See “How do I upload new files to my Library?” for more information. (You can delete the file from your Library as soon as you copy it to your Vault, in order to ensure privacy and security.)
To copy a file to your Private Vault:
- Hover over the desired file in your Library in either list view or icon view, and click “copy to vault” in your file action bar.
- If you are a family historian, choose whose Vault you want this item to appear in. If you are a contributing member, the item will automatically be copied to your personal Vault.
- Select which type of file this is such as a birth certificate, will, deed, etc. (If you don’t see the correct option, just pick one of the existing file types, and you can add a new file type once you are editing the file in the Vault.)
- You will then be taken to the “Edit Private Vault Item” page. Edit as needed. See “How to I edit a file in my Private Vault?” for further instructions on editing options within the Private Vault.
- Delete the file from your Library in order to keep it private. Deleting the file from your Library will not affect the copy stored in your Vault.
If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org