- Once you open your Private Vault file, you can edit the file name at the top.
- To change the ownership of the file, choose the desired family member from the drop-down list.
- To change the category your file is saved under, select from the drop-down list under “Category Folders.” You can also add a new category here. (See “How do I add a new category for my Private Vault files?")
- Fill in the date that your file was created. Today’s date will be the default date of publication. You may change this if you like.
- If you would like your file to be visible to your whole family, select “published.” If you would like it to remain private to you and selected family members you list under “Visibility Exceptions,” select “private.”
- Tag a family member by typing his or her name in the “Family Members” box and hitting enter. (Note that family members must already be added to archive in order to be tagged.)
- Type any subject tags such as “birth certificate,” “diploma,” “will,” etc. into the “Tags” box.
- Add any additional comments or descriptions to the file description box under the image of the file.
If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org